Thursday 16 June 2016

New Beginnings

So much has happened in the last couple of weeks - all very exciting!

After nearly six years running dressmaking workshops at The Textile Space in Charlton I am now moving classes to my new sewing room in Midhurst.  Well it is just an empty space at the moment (here is a sneak peak) But in a week or sew it will be up and running.



A full timetable of workshops is now available for you to see on my on-line store Claire's Yarns.  

Earlier this year I was asked by Wendy Gardiner to help with The Great British Sewing Bee book.  I designed and made many of the garments as well as writing the instructions to go with the patterns that come with the book.  It was a very exciting time even though the deadline was very tight!  

For anyone who has the book and would like to make one of the garments I have put up a couple of workshops, over the 2 days I will show you how to choose your size, trace the pattern and make up the garment.







These are just some of the garments I made for the book

So I am now off to get the room furnished and plan an open day - more news soon

Claire xx




No comments:

Post a Comment