Friday 31 October 2014

October - Ally Pally

October sees the Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace - a great show where you can find everything you need for sewing, from patterns to fabrics, haberdashery & gadgets

There is also a workshop area and I was teaching 3 different workshops this year, Lacey Knickers, a padded zipped bag and a simple shoulder bag - here I am teaching students in the Learning Curve Workshops





I also ran lots of workshops at The Textile Space this month, students made elegant skirts  with beautiful linings and Hong Kong binding on the facing



Silk Lingerie with lovely lace edging




I also ran a workshop called Copy It, Make It - on this workshop students bring a favorite garment and I show them how to take a pattern from it and make a calico toille - here are a couple examples of their work 



On our Half Term Sewing School Students made a Chanel Style Jacket and a jacket from a Marcy Tilton pattern V9035 in a fabric that the student ordered from Marcy Tilton too



Lots more sewing and workshops next month and I will be teaching at The Knitting & Stitching Show in Harrogate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment